First Deaf Man's work on the Snowman and the Snowdog

The Snowman and Me

The story is about one for calling 'The Snowman.' The Snowman is a 1982 British animated television film. The poem was based on Raymond Briggs' 1978 picture book The Snowman. Dianne Jackson directed it for the British public service Channel 4. It showed first on 26 December 1982. It was nominated for the Best Animated Short Film Academy Award and won a BAFTA TV Award. 

Later, in 2012, my tutor, Steve Roberts, gave me details from Lupus Film about the new The Snowman and the Snowdog. I applied my CV to the Lupus Film. I chose to work as a rendering department assistant. The 'Snowman and the Snowdog' animated film gave me a taste of working in the film industry. I communicated by writing on a notebook/laptop.

The hearing animators and I worked much harder. Lupus Film had over 200,000 hand-drawn images.


The Snowman and the Snowdog's one of credits has my name:

Stephanus Pretorius, Rendering Department assistant, Additional Crew


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hidden One (my own project 2013)

Happy Bunny (Project 2014) - 2D animation